Friday, January 15, 2016

First post of 2016!


And what a year it's already shaping up to be! I dropped off the radar for the last month while my family was here, and then I spent the past two weeks getting my research project ready. After we help with the orientation for the spring MSID students next week, I head off to Sessène on Tuesday! Crazy, right?


A lot of the highlights of our trip have been available on facebook, but to recap (photo credits to Karen Carney):

We spent the first few days in Dakar:

In front of the Marche Kermel

Mom and I in front of the Theodore Monod Art Museum
Will, me and Dad in front of the UCAD library
Île de Gorée
Then on to Saint-Louis:

Will and I at the Hotel Cap Saint-Louis

The pelican nesting grounds in Djoudj National Reserve
And then on to Toubacouta:

Dad in a baobab
The Hotel Keur Saloum
Green Monkeys hung around the hotel begging for (and stealing) food
And back to Dakar. 

Downtown Dakar
The Monument of the African Renaissance

It was a really great trip, and I miss those folks already! Still, I feel pretty good about the next few months. Next post should be from Sessène!

No comments:

Post a Comment